Monday, November 3, 2008

My Family Tree


Baseball: Ruud Zijlstra hits the ball and runs, runs and runs even faster. The other team takes some time to get the ball and don't realize how much time they have left. 1, 2, 3 HOME RUN! The Dutch baseball team has won the European Baseball Cup and is very happy.

Rugby: From HRC team Paul De Groot just passed the ball to Olaf Bouwens, he runs and, oh no, the other team tackles him. Jan- Willem Davis from the team HRC picks up the ball and runs as fast as the wind. He makes a try! And times up. HRC has won the Dutch championship!

These two shirts represent my family from both sides. The baseball shirt represents my mom’s side and the rugby shirt represents my dad's side. I chose this because my grandpa won the championship in that baseball shirt and now it’s passed down to my brother. Now my brother plays baseball too, and has the same number on his shirt, 30. I, myself don't play baseball, but I always watch my brother and I'm wondering if I should play.

The rugby shirt I chose because, my dad has been playing rugby his whole life, and is still playing today. Now my brother and I play rugby too. (This is my rugby shirt). I started playing rugby at the same club where my dad started playing rugby when he was young. My family practically knows nearly all the people there because my brother and I grew up on that rugby field! My uncle also plays rugby, only he injured his leg about eight years ago and can’t run that fast anymore. It was funny when my grandpa had to pick me up from rugby one day and was talking to all these people. I asked him how he knew them. It was because my grandpa used to bring my dad to rugby so still knew a lot of people there! Haha

4 comments:

Alia said...

Lara, this is interesting.
I like the beginning where you put it in about Ruud Ziljstra.
That was pretty cool in my opinion, because all the other blogs that I've seen so far didn't have anything like what you had.
You had a very good beginning and end.
You made me interested in reading more. Good blog Lara!

Alia

Anonymous said...

I like the way you expressed your ideas and how you connected your items to your family. The only problem is that you need to capitalize your i's.

sophie.l said...

Good use of vocabulary. Interesting object. I like the way you, explained what was happening, with both of the shirts. Then afterwards you said why you liked it, or thought it was important in your life. It's very interesting.

-Sophie

Karolina S. said...

I liked how you wrote so much about rugby. Lots of detail!!!!
Maybe add a bit more about your mom's side of the family(baseball)though?

Karolina