Monday, April 20, 2009

Who am I?

I chose the image on the left to represent the tree in my poem. How it spreads and journey's. Sunflowers also bring joy just like the sun brings joy to people.                                                                                                    

Who I am?


I am the sun

Sparkling through clouds with my bright rays,

Energizing cold people on a white frost winter's day,

Promising the summer's joy,

In skies of blue.

 

 

I am the clown

Tripping, falling,  juggling balls in my striped trousers and white, red face

Throwing colorful ball and handkerchief

Watching, working and playing for the laughter on faces,

That makes me too laugh.

 

 

I am a rope,

Made out of different parts,

Flexible as feelings,

I twist and tie and break and heal

I knot and open and bind and unlock

 

 

I am the tree,

With roots deep in the dark sand,

But my branches, spread, grow and twist through many countries,

Where I have journeyed,

For a short time.

 

 

I am a dog,

I will always stand by you,

When feelings are hurt,

I will sit next to you to comfort you and your feelings

Like the sun helps people,

I will help you

 

 

Who am I?

 I am me.


No comments: