Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Lost Boys of Sudan Collage Reflection

In this collage I thought creatively by choosing the shape of my poster in a unique way. I thought of putting it in the shape of a dove to show that the Sudanese people wanted peace. I also cut my photos so the shape of the dove wouldn’t disappear but also so the picture wouldn’t get ruined. I put the 6 word memoir words on cardboard so it would pop up and attract the person who is looking at it before they notice anything else. People would look at the words first and understand what I mean and then go to the photos to get a visual and a better understanding of the reason why I chose these images.

I reasoned critically in this project because I used some of the images so I would get a better understanding of how it was like for the Sudanese people not having enough food and not having a place to go back too. I also used the words (my 6 word memoir) to show that people should help and listen to them more because they do have good ideas and maybe if they would listen it wouldn’t be as bad for the people that are going through this war and the people would maybe have enough food so they wouldn’t starve.

I showed people what it was like for most of the people in Sudan that were going through this war. People will start to be more aware and might help out like sending them food, clothes or even raising money for them. Hopefully a lot of people like us and even other people will see from my poster how bad the war is and how hard it is for them to survive and start taking action. I hope people feel sympathy for them because most people have never been through a war like this and might try to feel bad for them and help out. This part of my project showed communicating effectively.

I think this poster makes people be more aware of what is happening in the world instead of only knowing what is happening in there own country. They might see what is happening and feel sympathy for them. They might even feel empathy and take action to help the people in Sudan that are going through this war and don’t have a real home, don’t have enough food and also have to take care of other people. If people help the Sudanese in Sudan it will show they live ethically and really care about the world.

No comments: