Thursday, April 1, 2010

Alchemist/Julius Caesar Essay Reflection

To demonstrate appropriate ideas and content I use quotes. Quotes always help prove and support your ideas because it comes straight from the book. I also get my ideas from the book so I have evidence to prove it in my essay's. I could improve my ideas by getting more evidence and explaining why I chose my ideas and support them.

For organization I think I could improve, but my paragraphs are organized okay with a topic sentence. In my first paragraph I also have my thesis statement and support that with evidence from the book. I think I could organize my paragraphs better and not repeat myself . I also could not go to the future and then go back to the past in my essays.

Personally I think I did better in my Alchemist essay than my Julius Caesar essay. One reason this might be is because we had time to plan and improve on our Alchemist essay and the Julius Caesar essay we had to right in class without any corrections or improvements. My Alchemist essay was more organized and I didn't repeat myself while in my Julius Caesar essay i repeated myself a lot and had more spelling errors.

To make an essay I think you have to communicate effectively. We have to clearly communicate our ideas to the reader. The reader should understand what you are trying to say and if the person didn't know what the book is about should get a better understanding.

No comments: